This delicious Raspberry Fizz makes a perfect #sugarswap for punch, champagne, or soft drink.
For those who like some fizz without the sugar, or a fuzzy head the next day. This is a delicious alternative for all…the kids will love the colour!
- 1 litre chilled sparkling mineral water
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup cherries
- 1 lime
- 1 sprig fresh mint leaves
- Add ¾ cup of raspberries and all of the cherries to a pot and stir constantly over a low to medium heat. Crush the cherries gently with the back of a spoon as you go. Add up to one cup of water gradually whilst stirring to prevent the liquid burning.
- After about 10 minutes, once the mixture has a soft consistency like a jam and the fruit is starting to break apart, remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- Fill a large serving jug with chilled sparkling water. Pour the raspberry and cherry mix into the jug and then add the remaining whole raspberries squeeze the juice of the lime and add fresh mint.
- Stir gently to mix and then serve immediately with or without ice.
You could swap raspberries or cherries for strawberries…and you could add slices of lime with the mint leaves. Get creative!
This delicious recipe was devised by Angela Emmerton of Nutritional Matters.