#Sugarswap chocolates for these delicious snowball bites.
Christmas can seem like a bit like Choc-mas. There are chocolates on offer at the office party, round the dinner table and every moment in between.
But these Snowball Bites are a healthy #sugarswap alternative. They are icy cold and white as snow, providing relief from the heat or a momentary reminder of a white Christmas.
Best of all, they are super easy to make - and the kids will love to help out.
This recipe was devised by nutritionist and That Sugar Film Ambassador Angela Emmerton.
- 2 cups thickened full fat cream
- 1 x 250g punnet blueberries
- 1 cup fine desiccated coconut
- Pour the cream into a medium sized bowl. Tip the blueberries into the cream and roll them around to cover them, then remove blueberries one at a tie carefully with your fingers and place them individually on a tray. Space them out as you arrange them and try not to let any blueberries touch each other.
- Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of desiccated coconut into a bowl, remove the cream covered blueberries from the freezer and re-dip them into the remaining cream. Next, roll them gently in the coconut and repeat the process of spreading them out on the tray to freeze.
- Return the tray to the freezer and leave for 1½ hours. You can store them for up to one month in airtight containers in the freezer…although you’ll probably have eaten them long before then!